A Roundup: Products I *think* I Like

by - February 23, 2018


A round up of kbeauty products


Hey! Due to planning my kids' birthday parties (why do they have to be so close together???) and working on longer, more researched blog posts, I realized belatedly that I didn't have anything planned for this week! Eeeeep! There are a bunch of products I am using right now that I think I like but I can't say yet if they will be getting a full review or not. So here goes! A wee roundup of products that I think I might like:

Hanyul Pure Artemisia Mild Cleansing Water
Hanyul Pure Artemisia Cleansing Water
Sorry for the bubbles, this had just come out of the mail 

This is my first ever cleansing water so I don't know if this is a really special product or if cleansing waters are just generally awesome. It wipes away my (non-waterproof) makeup with no effort at all, it doesn't sting my eyes, it barely smells like anything, and the bottle is gorgeous. I bought this on RoseRoseShop for about 14USD. The gorgeousness of the packaging in addition to the many loving reviews of Hanyul on instagram convinced me to purchase a bunch more products #enabled

Missha all-around Safe Block Total Moisture Sun Gel
Missha all-around Safe Block Total Moisture Sun Gel
Is this suncreen my cup of tea? Maybe.

At first I thought I didn't like this sunscreen but as I keep using it I've warmed up to it a little. It has a texture and finish similar to Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen, which is to say it is neither sheer nor dry in its finish. It does tend to creep into my eyes even when I am extra careful to keep it out of my eye area. But its advantages are almost enough to balance its flaws. Missha all-around Safe Block Total Moisture Sun Gel has a high protection rating (SPF 50+ PA+++) and large size bottle at 200mL. It is not drying and I think it will make a cosmetically elegant neck and shoulder area sunscreen for the summer time. The best part is the pump which dispenses exactly 1/4 tsp (I measured) so you don't need to worry about under-applying. I bought this on Jolse for about 18USD, which worked out to only 9 cents per millilitre!

O'Perla Royal Ginseng Moisture Lotion and O'Perla Royal Ginseng Moisture Skin
O'Perla Royal Ginseng Moisture Lotion and O'Perla Royal Ginseng Moisture Skin
The pumps work really well and the bottles are a lovely pearlescent gold with shiny gold on the top
These were also purchased from RoseRoseShop because they were fabulously inexpensive at just under 6USD each. They smell nearly identical to each other and the scent is like a green tea themed candle or soap. They do not smell of ginseng at all, which depending on your tastes could be good or bad. The lotion is quite pleasant to use and it appears that my neck prefers emulsions layered with creams, because with cream alone my neck tends to get itchy. Well, during savagely dry weather anyway. As the winter ends my skin will become much more balanced.

The skin is... different. I had never used a product named "skin" before and I figured it would be similar to my Hada Labo Gokujyn Light Lotion. Instead it comes out from the pump with a thicker serum texture that smells like a green tea candle went on a vodka bender. On the skin it doesn't feel drying but it doesn't feel hydrating either. I haven't quite figured that one out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Olivarrier Dual Moist Comfort Cream
Olivarrier Dual Moist Comfort Cream
So boring, so functional, so ... blue?

This is been my face saviour in the last few weeks. The weather here is cold, dry and windy, so much so that I am currently listening to it whine and howl just outside the window. I bought Olivarrier Dual Moist Comfort Cream at the same time with the Guerission 9 Complex Horse Oil Cream from Jolse. I immediately started on the Guerisson cream since I was having unbeatable face flakes. Suddenly, I was also dealing with unbeatable whiteheads. I still haven't figured out if it was the Guerisson that cause the breakout but I said a prayer and pulled out the Olivarrier instead. The breakouts healed, the face flakes got a bit better and I've been using this ever since. [UPDATE March 3, 2018: The whitehead breakout was caused by Eucerin Aquaphor and NOT by Guerisson 9 Complex Horse Oil Cream. As it turns out I have an ingredient sensitivity to lanolin]

Sorry for the quickie post and have a wonderful weekend!

You May Also Like

1 comments

Skincare by Moonlight is a friendly place. Any mean-spirited comments will be removed.